Wednesday, February 23, 2011

XXL 2011's Freshman Class


XXL's 4th annual Freshman Class came out the other day and as always, the lineup is solid. With any type of class or lineup there is always questions and obvious snubs. This years lineup is no exception. Meek Mill-Solid. Big K.R.I.T.-Solid. CyHi the Prince-Solid. Lil Twist-Not terrible. Yelawolf-Very solid. Fred the Godson-I honestly don't know enought about him. Mac Miller-Very solid. YG-Solid. Kendrick Lamar-Solid. Diggy Simmons-Ehh not bad. Lil B-Sol....... wait. What. The. Fuck? Is this the same Lil B Tha Based God dude from the Wolfpack? No. It can't be. How can someone who makes a song like this be on the cover of XXL magazine? I'm not gonna lie, the Wolfpack was a solid group. Songs like Wolfpack party were solid party songs. But how the hell could Lil B go from that to this? I don't want to seem salty, but c'mon. He makes Gucci Mane seem on the same page lyrically as Biggie. Some would say Lil Twist only made it because he's part of Young Money but even he has some sort of talent. Diggy Simmons who in my opinion was at a disadvantage because of his dad, even deserved to be there. On a lighter side, this is not the end of the world. Many artists have blown up and not been on this cover. I just needed to get that off my chest before I went insane. And by the way, if i see another tweet with #based at the end of it, I will fly out to the bay area and do this to Lil B.

No comments:

Post a Comment